Sunday, July 27, 2008

We're here!

The kids and I arrived safely in California yesterday (not without battle wounds from the flight however). I'll spare you the details of the longest 5 1/2 hrs of my life, but just to set the stage a bit; it was a full flight, Benjamin was on my lap and not happy about it, and neither of the boys slept. Any parent that's flown with children can fill in the blanks.

I was thrilled when Jordan told me that he had arranged this trip for the kids and I for my birthday. Jordan is getting very clever with my birthday. He could stress himself out trying to plan a perfect night out, a great gift and cake, OR simply outsource it to my Mom, which makes him the hero without the effort; Brilliant!

Bube picked us up from the Airport and for those of you who know me won't be suprised that my first request was lunch at Panda Express. I keep telling Jordan I'm going to open up a franchise in PA. The rest of the evening was spent with Rebakah, Gary and their twins Sarah and Jacob. I couldn't believe how much energy Sam and Benjamin had left to play with their cousins. I was beat, but I still had fun catching up with family and even rockin' out on the drums on the game "Rock Band." Oh and Sam got new Batman pajamas from Bube, sending her "coolness" rating off the charts!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm with you on those long flights...8 hours to Idaho from out east...so happy to be a short 4 hours away now!