The current state of our shower
We probably should have addressed our bathroom when we first moved in, but it was the most intimidating and potentially the most costly project on our list so we put it off. Well, nothing has changed on those two fronts but we decided to charge forward anyway. Well, it's a good thing we did because during demolition we discovered that the genius who updated it last put drywall in the shower; drywall! What were they thinking? So of course moisture has gotten to it and there was mold (only a little thankfully) and it basically crumbled as we took the tiles down; Yuck! We are now without a functioning master bathroom & our bedroom is a construction zone. Since our bathroom needed serious help, I actually don't mind the mess for now. And I have to say that for the frist time, I'm thankful that it's a tiny bathroom :)
We probably should have addressed our bathroom when we first moved in, but it was the most intimidating and potentially the most costly project on our list so we put it off. Well, nothing has changed on those two fronts but we decided to charge forward anyway. Well, it's a good thing we did because during demolition we discovered that the genius who updated it last put drywall in the shower; drywall! What were they thinking? So of course moisture has gotten to it and there was mold (only a little thankfully) and it basically crumbled as we took the tiles down; Yuck! We are now without a functioning master bathroom & our bedroom is a construction zone. Since our bathroom needed serious help, I actually don't mind the mess for now. And I have to say that for the frist time, I'm thankful that it's a tiny bathroom :)
No comments:
Post a Comment