Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Anticipation.....

Sam is a bit of a birthday enthusiast like me. I don't know what it is, but there's something magical about all the festivities. Of course those of you that know me well, already know about my special relationship with birthday cake. What can I say? I love it! There's somthing about blowing out the candles and the birthday song that makes it taste better. Or maybe its that birthdays are really the only time I get to eat cake? I don't know. Anyway, with Benjamin's 1st birthday coming up on the 3rd, Sam has been in perpetual birthday mode. Because of his obsession, I've devised a way to keep him busy until the day arrives. I've invloved him with picking out presents, making a card & choosing a cake design (Dinosaur). Today I let him loose on decorating the wrapping paper. This is your present Bube; do you approve?I just hope Samuel doesn't end up being disappointed on party day becasue one thing about having a birthday on July 3rd is that you have to share it with well...America! Just about everyone we'd like to have over will be out of town or busy, so it will be a quiet affair. Sam will be pretty excited to find out though that Benjamin's gift from Jordan and I is an inflatable bounce castle that we really got for both of them. I'm hoping that it will keep them busy for many hours this summer because I have to admit that with preschool out, the days are feeling about 5 hours longer :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the pain on having your birthday the day before the 4th of July. But I did get to be baptized on the 4th of July and felt pretty special. I always think of you and birthday cakes and your funny thing with birthday cakes.

Michelle