Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Makeup, french fries & lymph nodes, oh my!

Jordan had kid duty most of Saturday while I helped out with the Stake Play. Since I don't act, sing or play in an orchestra, I worked backstage applying stage makeup :) It was so awkward at first since it's so counter intuitive to put so much on, but it looked fine on stage under the bright lights. Jordan and I were able to see the play for the evening performance and we loved it. I was so impressed by all the talent in our area. I think the boys really enjoyed having Jordan to themselves since we're usually all together on the weekends. I'm always curious to know what goes on when I'm away, but when I got home and saw the Happy Meal, it was pretty clear who the boss was and why Dads often get the "fun" rap.

Would you like some fries with that ketchup?

When Jordan and I got home from the play and checked in on the sleeping boys, we noticed that Benjamin was really warm. He didn't have any other symptoms, so we just gave him a little tylenol for his fever assumig he was just teething and went to bed. The next day, just for a precaution, Jordan stayed home with him while Sam and I went to church. When Sam and I pulled up a few hours later and saw that Jordan's car was gone, I instantly knew something was wrong. Sure enough, they were in the ER! Apparently when Benjamin woke up from his nap the whole side of his face was red and swollen like he'd been hit with a baseball. The fact that Jordan was freaked out is pretty significant since he's so calm under fire. It turned out to be an infected lymph node that a simple antibiotic would take care of, but he definately gave us a scare. Since Benjamin is so easy going and unassuming, we'd like to think this mini crisis was just his way of saying, "Hey, remember me?" We love this little guy & can't believe he's 11 months today!

No comments: