This month's enrichment was my favorite since being on the committee. We had a garden party at the home of one of the members who we like to consider our local "Martha Stewart". You can see by the pics why we held it at her house, which is actually an old renovated farmhouse with breathtaking gardens.

We were really nervous about the weather because it was pouring rain the day before and the forecast called for more at the exact time of our activity. But as you can see, we were blessed with a clear night. We even got a break from the humidity with a light breeze; it was perfect!

When as a committee we were discussing the theme for the evening, my neighbor Renee (above)instantly came to mind and I knew she had to be a part of it. We had her do a presentation on Herbs and she did such a great job. She shared the folklore behind them, their many uses & benefits and how we could make our own herb infusion. She also brought homemade lavender soaps & chocolates as takehomes. I'm so glad I asked her to participate because everyone loved her and she now has 35 new best friends :)
This is Shannon, our host, doing a demonstration on flower arranging. She used a costco bouquest and transformed it into a beautiful centerpiece. I always wondered how to take long stem floweres and arrange them for a short & wide vase without it looking sparce. I got good tips on both herbs & flowers that I'm definately going to use.
Our Relief Society (well, part of it)
We were really nervous about the weather because it was pouring rain the day before and the forecast called for more at the exact time of our activity. But as you can see, we were blessed with a clear night. We even got a break from the humidity with a light breeze; it was perfect!
When as a committee we were discussing the theme for the evening, my neighbor Renee (above)instantly came to mind and I knew she had to be a part of it. We had her do a presentation on Herbs and she did such a great job. She shared the folklore behind them, their many uses & benefits and how we could make our own herb infusion. She also brought homemade lavender soaps & chocolates as takehomes. I'm so glad I asked her to participate because everyone loved her and she now has 35 new best friends :)
This is Shannon, our host, doing a demonstration on flower arranging. She used a costco bouquest and transformed it into a beautiful centerpiece. I always wondered how to take long stem floweres and arrange them for a short & wide vase without it looking sparce. I got good tips on both herbs & flowers that I'm definately going to use.
Our Relief Society (well, part of it)
3 comments:
you are a silly woman! I actually did tell you a long time ago. In fact it was right after you left when you visited last summer. I emailed you to ask you to send me a picture of you guys when you were here because Danny accidently deleted all the pictures we took. AHH husbands! So anywho.....maybe now that you are paying attention to me.....hehe.....you could send me the picture???? I can't tell you how much I love being able to keep tabs on your little family! Love you guys!
A big DUH for me! I get to claim insanity since I have two kids right?
Amanda, i keep coming back to this blog and admiring the garden. Next time I visit, if it is a good season, I'd love to see it if your friend would allow. Hope it isn't beeing blown and stormed away today - I heard it's rough weather there.
Looks like you had a good turn out for the garden activity- you must have felt good about the work you put into it. love Mum
PS do I need to have a copy of the carrot cake mentioned in a response to your blog?
Post a Comment