Monday, June 9, 2008

An update on the boys

A quick update on the boys

Benjamin is into everything lately! He's constantly on the prowl for something new to check out, knock over or put in his mouth. Sam was so cautious & careful as a baby so I never had to babyproof the house. With Benjamin, I can hardly look away for 2 seconds without him discovering a new hazard. His latest abilities include shaking his head no & nodding yes, pulling himself on just about everything, grabbing my nose, knocking down Sam's trains & clapping. His dominant mode of transporation is still the army crawl,but he's getting quicker everyday. I often find him studying things with great interest or watching his big brother in awe. His hair is sooo curly & now with the high humidity the back of his head is covered with tight little ringlets that are so adorable. I know I need to cut his hair but I have to admit that sometimes I'm tempted to stick a bow in it...it's too cute!

Samuel loved going to prescool so he's been a little disappointed these past couple weeks. He keeps asking when summer is going to be over so he can go to pre-k and I want to say "Sam, that is not normal!" but the truth be told; he gets it from me...sigh.

Sam was asked to give the scripture & prayer for the folllowing Sunday in Primary. To say he was excited to do it is an understatement. During the week when we were practicing the verse, I was trying to explain it's meaning by telling Sam what a peacemaker was. I could tell he was really trying to understand, but was struggling a bit. He was trying to determine whether he knew any peacemakers, assuming it was a type of occupation or something. Anyway, soon after, the comcast (cable) guy came to fix our Internet. While he was working on some wires outside, Sam who had been in deep thought, pondering what I had taught him, suddenly perked up with bright eyes & a smile and rushed to the sliding door. He popped his head out and turned to the man and asked, "Hey, are you a peacemaker?" Before the poor guy could respond, Sam insisted, "Mom, yes! He is a peacemaker and proceeded to tell me how he fit the bill (he did fit my description actually). Although I was mortified and the man pretty embarassed, I thought it was pretty hilarious and was happy that Sam took my words to heart.

No comments: