Friday, May 30, 2008

Weekend project

We were also busy over the holiday weekend finally addressing our front flowerbed that has been neglected since my Mom beautified it nearly a year ago(apparently it doesn't stay beautiful on it's own...oops!). So we decided to basically start over bringing in all new plants, keeping only one or two. The hydrangea that were there are now in the backyard where they are thriving in the partial shade. We were somewhat limited on what we could plant since the area recieves full sun throughout the afternoon, but I'm happy with what we got. I probably went to the nursery 6 times that day; buying, returning & second guessing (It's no wonder we put this project off so long!). In addition to the new plants, we added a stone border that will eventually go around the house.

These were only a 1/4 of the rocks we had to dig through to make our holes. I'm so glad that was Jordan's job, because hitting a rock every 3 seconds would drive me crazy!
That was before....
Our azalea tree is in full bloom right now...so pretty!

1 comment:

Danny, Mandy, & Driggletts said...

wow! That looks beautiful! I am so so so jealous that you are in heaven! We finally got our backyard put in after 4 years! I will send pictures when we can mow it!