I can't believe it's taking me this long to record everything from the trip! I guess I'm just trying to be careful about including things since this blog is basically all I have to look back on. It's taking me just as long as the trip itself to write it all down! We didn't have a set plan for the day since Sam had school, but when we discovered Sam's school was closed due to a water break ,we had to adjust accordingly to traveling with not only one, but two children. The first thing we did was drive by Fonthill Museum since it's literally a block from Sam's school. It's a popular tourist attraction but it isn't incredibly child friendly so we passed. The museum is actually a home built by a man named Henry Mercer. He used his wealth & extra time to construct a very unconvential (to say the least) house that highlights his eccentric nature. He aslo oversaw a tile business that is still in operation just adjacent to the mueseum called the Morovian Tile Works Factory. Next we went to Wegmans. Wegmans is a super fancy grocery store complete with well...everything & anything! The bread below is only one of many unique items there. They have an insane selection of seafood, baked goods and especially cheese! I've never seen so many varieites of cheese in my life. Where Nana is standing in the pic was only a fraction of what they had. Sam loves Wegmans because there's an electric train that travels around the store on suspended tracks in the air. We picked out some ingredients for Dinner that night (white corn tortilla soup) & for my favorite cookie recipe. We then headed out to New Hope, a very popular hot spot for food, shopping & entertinment. The odd creature Sam's standing next to sits in the heart of the town; don't ask me what it is, I have no idea. That's what you tend to find in towns known for their "artistry". We found a fabulous Christmas Store (my favorite!) and naturally bought yet another ornament. I am indeed obsessed with my collection and will probably need a bigger tree in a few years.



No comments:
Post a Comment