We spent all day Saturday touring Williamsburg, the Capital of Colonial Virginia in the 18th century. We were fortunate to have been there during such great weather since there's a lot of walking required. We even lucked out in our timing with some special weekend performances. The area is very well preserved & beautifully restored so you really feel like you've been transported in time. It was especially humbling to be up close & personal to the events & circumstances that led to our independence. So many men, women & children sacrificed everything to secure freedom, less so for themselves than for the freedom of future generations. Of course it's particularly special since it paved the way for our religious freedom. I have to admit, it was hard to resist the occasional crack about where Nana's loyalties lied (she has dual citizenship in the US & England), but she took it all in stride :)

Capitol Building

Jordan & Sam emerging from the Garden Maze.
I think this was the Highlight of Sam's Day


Jordan & Sam emerging from the Garden Maze.
I think this was the Highlight of Sam's Day
Nana in a Saddle Shop.


We were fortunate to see the parade because it was only there for that weekend.
Watching the marching bands was my favorite part of the day. Maybe it's from being on the Colorguard & DrillTeam but I have such a special place in my heart for them. And aren't all these young men so handsome? I would be proud to have my boys play in one someday. In fact, Sam said he wants to play the drums. I think every little boy wants to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment