Friday Jordan took the day off work and we all set out for Colonial Williamsburg, VA. We got up early and to my amazement got out the door by 6:30am...pretty impressive! Between rain, traffic & baby duties, the expected 5 1/2 drive turned into 7 but I thought it went really smooth. We all got a big laugh at the site below while driving down the I-95. I'd like to think the tonka truck was the truck driver's son's. Classic!
After we checked in at our Hotel (Comfort Inn) we headed straight back out to explore the town. We had lunch at a Pizza joint then stopped at a Gift shop so I could get my souvineir Christmas ornament. Since there's so much to see in Williamsburg & surrounding areas, we had to plan carefully how we would spend our time on Sat and took note of all the "must see" places. We also drove around Yorktown,a quaint & scenic area just adjacent of Williamsburg. After our overview of the area, we had dinner at a Restaurant called "Second St" which was a bit of a hit & miss as far as food, but did have a koi pond at least for Sam's enjoyment. At this point the boys were near exhasution & dilerium, but that didn't stop Sam from going swimming with Nana and Dad at the pool. From what they said, the water was freezing and Sam was such a champ in the water. He insisted that he swim all by himself. I would like to have seen that since he hasn't had any formal lessons yet. I guess I need to sign him up!
Benjamin thrilled to be out of his carseat and free to roam about the Hotel room. One thing we hadn't anticipated was his adjustment to a new sleeping arrangement. Despite being so tired, I couldn't get him to settle down to sleep. We finally rented a pack & play and the second he lied down in it he was OUT!
Thomas Jefferson having his nose picked by my darling & respectful son Sam
A True Patriot
This is Yorktown. It was so great I didn't even bother getting out of the car. Some things just aren't worth disturbing sleeping children over ya know?
This dish sounded so promising. Fried Macaroni & Cheese. The waitress raved about it and said it was one of their best sellers. I don't know what to say other than it was just kind of gross. Next time I'll stick with the tried & true.

Benjamin thrilled to be out of his carseat and free to roam about the Hotel room. One thing we hadn't anticipated was his adjustment to a new sleeping arrangement. Despite being so tired, I couldn't get him to settle down to sleep. We finally rented a pack & play and the second he lied down in it he was OUT!
Thomas Jefferson having his nose picked by my darling & respectful son Sam
A True Patriot
No comments:
Post a Comment