Since it was Benjamin's first trip to the beach, I wanted to start out slow by first introducing him to the sand and working our way to the water. Well, it's a good thing I started him in the sand because once he got in the water, he wanted nothing to do with anything else! It was scary just how fearless he was. The second you put him down, he'd charge full speed right for the waves. Since he can't walk, I was stuck hunched over for an hour lifting all 28lbs of him up and down over the waves and "saving" him every time he managed to wriggle out of my grip. It was definately a day I needed Jordan and a back brace :) Since Sam is usually pretty cautious and careful I thought it would be no big deal if I wore my shorts and tanktop when I took him out. But after countless requests to go further, I found myself soaked from top to bottom fully clothed like a total nerd. How did I go from California girl to typical tourist? So sad...

Sam gets creamed by a boogeyboard in 3-2-1.... 

Here's a cute picture of my sister-in-law and her daughter Kayla. Kayla was such a riot to watch at the beach. She was fearless in the water too, but she also loved to dump wet sand on her head and babble non stop at passerbys. She is a source of endless entertainment as well as her Mom so we loved having them around. Thanks for coming with us!

Sam gets creamed by a boogeyboard in 3-2-1....
Here's a cute picture of my sister-in-law and her daughter Kayla. Kayla was such a riot to watch at the beach. She was fearless in the water too, but she also loved to dump wet sand on her head and babble non stop at passerbys. She is a source of endless entertainment as well as her Mom so we loved having them around. Thanks for coming with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment