Benjamin went in for his 1 year checkup today. He is in the 90th percentile for height, weight & head circumference. I'm a little more than skeptical however since his measurements have been all over the map; and as far as his height; you can be sure his head accounted for most of it :) He also got 3 shots. Benjamin's known for being really tough, even holding back the tears, so I was a little suprised when he let it all out this time. It's a good thing I made Sam sit in the waiting room becasue I could have easily had two screamers on my hands. I guess one time an older sibling kicked our doctor in the shins for making his little brother cry!
While we were in the appt, the Doctor was impressed by Sam who was dutifully engaged in another one of his story creations. Sam can basically determine the first two letters of any word but often asks how to finish it. So as he's writing his story down (I think it was about a jungle), our doc kept commenting on how well Sam could sound out words and especially that a little boy was even interested in it! Agreed.
Random thoughts on Benjamin:
He can climb all the way up the stairs now. He used to just stop on the 4th step and yell for help.
He loves to headbutt
He will not take a sippy cup.
He cracks up a lot (especially when Jordan plays rough with him)
When he yells (which is constantly) it sounds just like a siren.
He's basically blonde now (what happened?)
Just today, I heard him say Buh-Bye (although he has a habit of saying things just once to make a liar out of me)
2 comments:
I can't tell you how happy we are that you found us! We too have been wondering about you guys and saying we needed to find you. So glad to be back in touch.
Here's our blog and I am calling Jon right now to tell him you found us! katandfam.blogspot.com
hey sis. bayless! your card was cute! i'm glad i found you online! how have you been?
it's daphna from little neck ward!
I hope you're doing good! just wanted to say hi, cause i haven't said hi in a while! my birthday was july 8, so now i am 18! crazy, huh? i'm headed to BYU provo in the fall, and so is jaewon for the second year, and my brother too! ellen is staying in new york, going to hunter college, and elizabeth is also staying in new york, she's going to new york tech. of course andrea, jaeyoon, and carmen are still in high school! jaeyoon moved to roslyn though. Just some updates for you! anyway, talk to you later!
Post a Comment