Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A brief history

Since starting the blog, I have reconnected with so many friends from my past. Especially now that I registered on facebook, it's almost a daily occurence that either someone finds me or I find them. So despite Jordan's daily objection to my willingness to advertise our life to the world, I feel somewhat justified in my efforts. With all these new contacts, come many questions about what we've been up to. I've been trying my best to catch people up about our lives through email, but it's becoming an almost impossible task. Since many are finding us through the blog, I thought this would be a great place & time to write our brief history.


Jordan likes bullet points so this is for him:

-Jordan and I met on his birthday in Provo, UT 1999. He was a student at UVSC and working fulltime at a bodyshop in Lindon. I was in UT becasue I thought it would be fun to leave home and support myself while paying out of state tuition :) We ran in the same circle of friends for about a year before we realized that we were in love, then dated for a year.

-We were married March 3, 2001 in the San Diego Temple

-Soon after we were married, we transfered up to Weber State where Jordan studied Commmerical German/Business and I studied Communication/Psychology and where we both recieved our degrees. We had completeled our associates degrees at UVSC before the transfer.

-Between semesters, Jordan took an internship at Schott glass in Germany. We lived in Mainz for 4 months and we took the opportunity to travel all over Europe and visit Jordan's family in London.

-We came back to Ogden for our last year and took up our jobs again at Albertsons & RC Willey.

- Jordan then decided to pursue an MBA, so we headed to Thunderbird in Glendale, AZ. At about the same time, I found out I was pregnant with Sam. This provided motivation for Jordan to complete the program in a year which he did. I took a job at the school for the free air conditioning and to get an occasional glimpse of my husband.

-We welcomed Sam into our family on Decemeber 17, 2003

-Jordan took an Internship with Lufthansa in NY immediately following graduation in 2004. We decided that Jordan would go alone until it became a full time position. I stayed back in Ca with my family until I got the Ok that we could now potentially survive the cost of NY.

-We moved to Glen Cove, NY where we lived for near ly two years. Jordan was thrilled to be able to use his German at work (he served a mission in Austria) and I had the opportunity to serve as the Young Womens President in our branch. We both did a lot of growing during this time.

- Jordan took a new job in Jan 2006 working for a former professor of his (now a very close family friend) at a consulting company. It took us to PA where we felt immediately at home.

-We rented for about a year before purchasing our first house in Nov 2006. I found out I was pregnant with Benjamin just as we were about to move.

-Benjamin was born July 3, 2007.

No comments: