Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our Town

My friend Allyson and I went to see Thorton Wilder's "Our Town" at the Arden Theatre in Philly last night. We both loved it and that's not just because we were kid free :) This particular play is very unique. There is no stage set or props; just the actors, some chairs and a narrator; which highlights the play's message to discover the extraordinary in the ordinary. Another treat was having Act II take place at Christ church for the wedding scene. As we were making our way over to the church, we passed the graves of 4 signers of the constitution and 2 of the Declaration of Independence. We were also only blocks from Ben Franklin's grave & Independence Hall. Did I mention how much I love it here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda!
This is your old roommate Becky. Howard and I were trying to track you down on the computer to see if you were still in Utah, and Howard came across your blog. Our email is howardbecky1999@gmail.com and our phone number is 801-691-3998. Give me a call so we can catch up. It was fun to see your family pictures. You guys look great.

amanda said...

Yay, you're alive! Can I just say that you're impossible to find online? I've been in touch with nearly every other roomate except my bunkbed buddy. Just last week I went online trying to find you or Howard and got zilch, nada, nothing, so this meeting is truly inspired! I'll be talking to you soon.

'Manda