I can't take all the credit for the title whether you're laughing or offended since I stole it from my friend, Michelle's blog (love your blog by the way). So Saturday night, all is calm & quiet. Jordan is dutifully engaged in yet another home improvement project that for the record he did not sign up for when he married me and I'm cleaning up dinner. Out of nowhere, (well at least for those of us who don't watch the weather report), the sky goes dark and the wind starts howling. I decide that I should probably pick up the kids' toys outside, when I find myself caught in a windstorm struggling to get up our hill to the shed. All I can think is how grateful I am we finally had our massive trees trimmed back and that we have a good insurance policy. I get back in the house just in time to witness the most violent lightening/thunder storm that I've ever seen (the storms in NY come close though)!It didn't take long before the power goes out, and Jordan and I are fumbling around in the dark accusing one another for not being better prepared for these things. We did manage to find our camping lantern & actually the lightening was so close it illuminated our house for awhile. Once we had some light and everything was calming down, we start to hear a crackling sound outside that is getting louder and louder. We realize that YIKES, it's hailing and our car is outside! Panic sets in again knowing full well that the garage is a complete train wreck and no car is going in there! But this was our "nice car" and I'm sure it pained Jordan to the core to see his hard earned money get pelted with ice balls. So we run into the garage literally throwing stuff out of the way. Jordan opens the garage door to pull the car in and the hail was so loud I couldn't even hear what he was yelling from just a few yards away. We finally squeeze the car in for the last 2 minutes of the downpour. The rest of the night was spent consoling a very upset Sam and trying to stay cool without the A/C. I held Sam in our bed telling him to be brave even though all I wanted was Jordan to hold me and tell me the same thing:) As for Benjamin, he slept through the whole thing...love that kid!
3 comments:
Oh, I am jealous I love storms like that. We haven't had a real good thunder and lightening storm in Oregon.
Michelle
YIKES... you guys got it bad. we had some crazy thunder but no hail. zoe was probably just as scared as sam was.
lori
Amanda,
my wife told me you left a post on her blog. Good to hear from you, I looked at your blog and it looks like life has been great for you. As you probably know I have 4 kids and we have made American Fork our home for now. We will probably move soon as I am applying for masters programs in Healthcare Administration. We love living here because of the ties we have (and we don't want to have to move again and sell our house) so well see what happens. Keep us posted on what is going on in your life.
Nathan Payne and family.
Post a Comment