Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally!


Everytime I get in my car (well not everytime; I'm exaggerating a bit) I wonder, "Is this going to be the day I hit a deer?" I know that sounds crazy, but here in PA it's pretty much inevitable & the longer you live here the more likely it becomes. One would think that avoiding the dreaded deer encounter for nearly 3 years would be a good thing, but quite the contrary! I have become even more tense feeling that it is going to happen and there's nothing I can do about it. Well, I don't know if I can rest easier or not since I didn't technically hit one, but a deer did dart out in front of my car on Tuesday. I was rounding a turn at 35 mph when a deer decides to make a run for it. Between swearving & braking, I actually had the ridiculous thought "the moment has arrived; I have a deer story!" I really hope it qualified because I never want to experience that again; but if not, I'm hoping that Jordan's deer encounter covers the both of us since he actually killed the poor thing and wrecked the car too (he never does anything halfway).

2 comments:

Dad said...

When was that? I don't remember hearing about Jordan hitting a deer.
Dad

amanda said...

Dad,

There's a lot of things you don't know about Jordan :)

It happened about 5 months ago. He didn't make a big deal of it, naturally, but actually it was a pretty scary & expensive wreck.