Sunday, March 30, 2008

Better late than never

We finally had our Easter dinner tonight. Of course it was intended for last week, but I got so distracted with easter basket & sacrament talk preparation that I completely forgot to prep the ham the night before. I know it sounds wierd, but I soak it in Coke overnight, then right before placing in a turkey bag and putting it in the oven, I cover it with brown sugar & pineapple. Waiting a week turned out great in the end because I invited a good friend of mine & her family over only to find out it was her birthday! So it turned into a bit of a celebration complete with B-day cake. Sam is obsessed with birthdays so he loved it. Just a few days ago we had to sing happy birthday to his imaginary friend who turned 9.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda-

Hey, how are you? I am so glad you started a blog. I can't believe how much both of our lives have changed since our NY days. I am still waiting on the house though. Hopefully that will come in the next couple of years. I also wish we lived close to each other. I miss hanging out. Glad to see you guys are doing so well.

Michelle