Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend

A quick recap of our weekend.

Saturday we went to the Garden center to pick out some new plants for our front yard. We were looking for a replacement for a bush/eye sore we finally removed. We would have taken it out sooner but we expected it would be really hard to dig up. What we soon discovered was that it wasn't even rooted well and was a breeze to remove. We actually thought about paying our tree guy to pull it out (how emabrrasing would that have been?).
So anyway, we walked around this nursery and with hundreds of different bushes, trees & flowering shrubs to choose from, what did we end up getting? 4 Boxwoods. (so original I know). But actually, we think they work perfectly well under the front window and it will provide a nice backdrop for some other plants we'll get this weekend. One thing about Saturday was that it was very cold, almost winter like at least until mid afternoon. It made for good planting weather since it's easy to get really hot from digging, but it was bizarre to say the least.

Samuel spent almost the whole day with our neighbor Olivia from across the street. He has really become fond of her and even looks out the window to see if the school bus has dropped her off yet. She's in second grade, so she's quite a bit older, but she loves to look out for him & Sam is happy to have someone to look up to. I guess that's one of the downsides of being the oldest child. While it's great to be the leader, you really don't get anyone to lean on. She enjoys coming to our house and I love having her. She is very complimentary & polite and ya know, it's just nice having a girl to talk to. She reminds me of when I was that age.
Anyway, so they played all day together and he commented to me later that it was one of the best days he's had. I thought that was pretty cute. I know we did something that evening, but my mind has completely spaced it. Sunday wasn't typical because after church we attended a birthday party for a friend's son who turned three. While we were there I discovered that one of the other little girls there was in Samuel's preschool class and I realized why one of the women looked so familiar but couldn't place it. That happens way too often!
Monday proved to be pretty uneventful. Benjamin did have to get some bloodwork done and can I just say how tough that little guy is? I mean, this kid doesn't cry for shots, drawing blood, falling off the bed (Jordan's fault) or anything. He'll sometimes yell out in frustration, but basically he just bites his lip and bears through it. He is definately Jordan's child! The both of them have an insane tolerance for pain. I can't believe I'm the one stuck with bearing the children because I'm the whimp of the bunch.

No comments: