Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our day

Since this blog is also our journal, you'll be subjected to frequent recaps of our daily activities just for our record. Some of it will be pretty ordinary & boring, but we figure it's a good practice. So what did we do today? Well, Jordan and I just got home from Dinner Club. Dinner Club is program at church that arranges for 4-5 couples to get together at a Host's house for dinner. Since there's a roatation, you get to know lots of people. Tonight, dinner was hosted by the Bishop & his wife, and besides Jordan and I, there were two other couples. I think we made a fabulous group. We all shared our "how we met & fell in love" stories which was fun. Earlier today, Sam had a Primary activity. They had a Talent Show and I helped a group of kids create a skit with a bag full of props. Sam was in my group, but when it was our turn, Sam refused to go on stage (no suprises there). Sam also got a sandbox today from Toys r us. I'm not thrilled about having one but Sam sure is. When we go to parks, Sam doesn't even bother with the swings & slides; it's all about the sand. So despite it's unsanitary conditions & the perpetual mess, I welcome it in exchange for several hours of peace & quiet. I also planted more bulbs & some climbing vines along our backyard fence for some added privacy. Sam & Benjamin spent the evening with our babysitter who is also our neightbor (Jackpot!) and they love her! Benjamin has shown no signs of separation anxiety (knock on wood) which is a far cry from what Samuel put me through at the same age. Speaking of the boys, I should go check on them. That is all for now.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Amanda,

I'm so glad you wrote! I'm always losing you and need to find you again...this time I'm putting you in my links! One of my sisters is moving to PA and wants to find a good neighborhood...help? Her husband is going into the Dental program there and will be working in locations around the city. Anyway, email me if you can recommend a good neighborhood/school/area...
ellom8@hotmail.com

I'll be catching up on your blog!

Kristine said...

Amanda,
If we only lived closer to you then Samuel could join Matthew and Jacob in our big sandbox. And you have it exactly right - perpetual mess and many hours of content boys making the mess. The hardest rule to keep at our house has been "the sand in the sandbox stays in the sandbox." We had a very sad Saturday last week when we gave the sand away and put the sandbox up to make our back patio more presentable for people coming to see our home for sale. The real reason was that I didn't want to vacuum my floor three times a day, at minimum, to clean up the sand. So, congrats on becoming a sandbox mom! Many fun adventures await! And, if your sandbox didn't come with a lid, a tarp held down with anything weighty works great! I'm all about the sanitation thing!
Love,
Kristine